The Connection Type Of LCD can be mainly divided into Conductive Rubber Strip Connection, Metal Pin Connection and Zebra Connection
Conductive Rubber Strip Connection
It is flexible and no welding, rapid assembly and disassembly, it has a better shock resistance.
Metal Pin Connection
Metal pin connection can be soldered directly to the printed circuit board.
PIN is the most common used connection for LCD. I am often asked one question. Can we make the pitch between two PINs 1.0 mm? Of course, we can as long as you pay for the extra cost. There are 4 common used types of pitches: 1.27 mm, 1.5 mm, 2.0 mm and 2.54 mm. The widths of PIN are 0.635 mm, 0.75 m,1.0 mm and 1.27 mm. If you can order 50 thousand each buy, we can make the custom PIN (even bent PIN) and the custom pitch for you and there is no extra cost.
A printed circuit board and a LCD are connected by flexible zebra paper, which adopts the heat sealing processing or the soldering processing and can be use in all kind of harsh environments.
The comparison of three connection
|Connection type||Connected with LCD screen||Connected with PCB||Pitch gap|
|Conductive strip connection||Conductive strip connected with isolated rubber||mechanical pressure||Min 0.3 mm|
|Metal pin connection||metal pins are soldered in the LCD steps||Soldering||1.27, 1.5, 2.0, 2.54 mm|
|Zebra connection||Conductive thin film||Heart seal, soldering or mechanical pressure||Heat seal: min 0.4 soldering type: min0.8|
You may be interested in these articles:
- COB LCD Module vs COG LCD Module vs COF LCD Module
- LCD Screen Testing Report In Ultralow Temperature
- The Technical Parameters Of LCD
- An Introduction For Liquid Crystal
- 9 Things You May Not Know About ITO Glass And Polarizer Film
- 11 Points We Must Confirm Before We Quote A Custom LCD Screen
- Positive & Negative Display and Viewing Direction of LCD Display
- Transmissive LCD vs Reflective LCD vs Transflective LCD
- 8 Points We Must Confirm Before We Quote a Custom LED Backlight