LED backlight can be divided into several important parts.
Light Guide Plate: It is divided into printed type and non-printed type by light guide point production method.
Non-printed type light guide plate: An excellent mold has to been produced before the process begins. Light guide plate is injected in particular shape with the mold. A few some granular material which has different refractive index is put to the surface of the plate. It looks like lattice point.
Printed type light guide plate: light guide points were produced with UV screen printing technology in the bottom of PMMA sheet.
Ps：It is better to make the thickness of light guide plates between 2.5mm and 3.5mm. It at least takes 2 mm of thickness of light guide plate to install DIP LED, and the thicker the brighter.
Diffusion Film: It distributes the light more uniform and avoids seeing the reflecting points in the front of light guide plate. So that it could focus the light and increase the brightness of LED backlight.
Reflection Film: It is to reflect the light in the bottom into light guide plate for improving the using effect of the light.
Light shade Film ： It is to block the light from LED Lamps and make the light more uniform.
Light shade Film on the edges: it is to reflect the light from LED Lamps and keep the light in the light guide plate.
It has to more than 7mm blocking light area while using the DIP LED.
- It has to more than 4mm blocking light area while using the SMD LED.
Connecting Methods for LED backlikght
- Connecting Methods for LED backlikght include wire harness, FPC, PCB wiht hard PIN, PCB without hard PIN, PIn and wire. You can see the picture above.
- Light area equals: the totally length subtracts blocking light area and Double-sided adhesive area. As the picture following:
- PS:AA(Active Area)
You may be interested in this article:
- Five advantages of LED backlight
- Classification And Comparison Of LED Backlight Technology
- The Requirement Of Backlight To LED
- Backlight Bleeding